Strollers can be used for WAY more than just for walks! Fit MOM Fusion classes are a great way to use the natural resistance of the stroller and outdoor environment (plus body weight and resistance band exercises) to get an excellent overall body workout targeting all those "mommy" muscles!
We designed these classes to meet the physical demands of motherhood while enjoying nature and the company of your kids! Your children get to join in on the fun and you'll find the support and encouragement you need from other moms here too!
Fit MOM Fusion
Our Fit MOM Fusion classes are made for everyone at EVERY fitness level! We'll meet you where you're at in your fitness journey and give you a variety of options whether you are a beginner or advanced or in between. Classes are about 45 minutes and will include a combination of strength and resistance work (using body weight, the stroller, resistance bands, the outdoor environment, and other equipment) and cardiovascular endurance exercises using a variety of creative exercise techniques, equipment, and games that will keep you (and your kids) motivated and engaged the whole time! There is no set format and very class is different! Kids have a blast - and if they are having an "off" day? No problem. We're all moms and we get it. Flexibility is key at Fit MOM! We'll support and encourage no matter what kind of day you (or your child) is having. No matter what.. you'll be sure to get a full body workout and you (and the kids) will have a ton of fun!
Fun and Functional Workouts
All of our Fit MOM classes are not just just suppose to be a fun workout - our classes are functional and effective. Our goal is help you in your everyday life as a mom by improving your posture, balance, muscle and core strength, and endurance so you can, for example, haul heavy car seats and bags or catch the falling toddler off the curb quickly - typical mom activity - all while avoiding injury to yourself. We use compound movements that focus on specific areas at a time that result in a whole body workout.
During all of our classes, we educate moms about topics such as pelvic floor strengthening, diastasis recti, exercise before, during, or after pregnancy, and anything else the group wants to discuss. If you have a personal question you'd like to discuss, we're always willing to listen. If we don't know the answers, we'll find them or find someone who does. Moms are encouraged to chat and share stories and information with each other during class as well! After class, we are usually close to a playground and moms and kids are welcome to stick around and continue to enjoy each other's company.
Rest assured that the workouts are safe and designed by certified Pre and Post Natal Fitness Instructors with the ultimate goal to keep you active and engaged with other moms and your kid(s). Please let us know if you have (or had) any physical issue that would, or could, hinder your body. We want to make the exercises safe and effective, and will work with YOU and what your body can handle.
"I love being able to get out and workout with my kids in tow. The classes are hard enough to challenge anyone, but flexible enough to not be out of reach of those of us restarting our fitness journey! It's great that the kiddos are included and no one judges if your kid is having a bad day."
Here are some great reasons to join Fit MOM classes!
Being an Example
We want to be a great example for our children. Fit MOM classes can be a great start for you and your child's lifelong fitness goals!
Kids love watching their mama workout! Not only does mom get a great workout, but we'll involve the kids and keep them entertained by turning our fitness class in to a learning time too! We sing songs and play games while we workout! Kids are welcome to join in on the fun and exercises! We welcome babies from 6 weeks, older kids, and all the ages in between!
Support and Fun
We are more than just a fitness class. We are moms supporting moms! There is something about being with other moms. We understand each other, and we can encourage and support each other like no one else can.
We just get it, you know?
- Whatever your fitness level, we will welcome you! Exercises will be modified for your individual needs (beginner or advanced).
- Moms need to be at least 6 weeks (or 8 weeks c-section) postpartum as long as they have a verbal ok from their doctor.
- Pregnant moms are welcome to come. Please let us know you are pregnant and how active you were prior to.
- Babywearing welcome.
Tips and ideas for class workouts or while you are out on your own:
- Naptime. Especially for the first 6 to 9 months or so, some moms plan runs around nap time. A portable white noise machine can be useful if your baby usually naps with white noise. Be aware that some babies may find stroller rides to be stimulating, so try out the timing of naps a few times to see how your baby tends to react. Be aware, this may not be the best idea to do everyday since the quality of sleep your baby gets in a stroller isn't as good as they get in their normal sleeping place.
- Watch the world. Infants and toddlers just love observing the world. With preschoolers, play a game of “I Spy” or try to find certain colors or items in nature as you run.
- Snack. Once your little one is sitting up on her own and eating finger foods, snack trap containers are a great way to keep them busy (and happy) in the strollers. For older kids, consider bringing an apple or crackers that they can munch on as they watch the world go by. Make sure you have water too (hooked on to a stroller harness if you have that!)
- Look at books. Bring ones that you don't mind getting scuffed if they are dropped off the side of the stroller.
- Play with toys. Stroller toys hook onto the harnesses to keep them from being thrown or dropped. You could also get creative and use linked rings to keep toys from flying. Have a specific "stroller toy" so your child knows they can look forward to playing with that toy only while riding in the stroller.
- Gadgets such as the phone, tablets, Innotab or Leapster are great for entertainment for older kids.